My 16 year old step-daughter stole 2 pill bottles of my hydrocodone and got caught selling them in school, what can happen? 6 Answers as of December 01, 2014

She's an honors student and this is her second suspension, but under different circumstances. This is a 10 day suspension until investigation is done. What will most likely happen?

Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
It is impossible to say what is likely to happen, but this is a serious offense and it sounds like there was a large quantity involved. What will happen will also depend on her prior criminal history (as opposed to merely school suspensions). Because of the seriousness of the possible charges you would be smart to look into at least talking with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area so you better know your options.
She could possibly be charged with sale of narcotics as a juvenile. She should get a lawyer.
If it goes to the prosecutor, she is looking a felony. Say nothing and get an attorney on board asap.
She could be criminally charged. I would suggest speaking to and retaining a lawyer now so you have legal representation during the investigation and subsequent charges. In the meantime, keep your pills behind a locked door so no one can get to them.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
She could be criminally charged for the sale of drugs. She could be expelled from school. She involved herself in serious conduct. She appears to have issues a counseling program could help. That is strongly advised at once. In the meantime, she talks to nobody....not school or police without legal representation. Her future could be in grave consequences. Retain an attorney asap.
    Potentially she can be charged with sell and distributing narcotics, which will be on her permanent record and disastrous to her future. Get an attorney immediately.