How get I my personal belongings back after my vehicle was repossessed? 3 Answers as of July 02, 2013

Recently my vehicle was repossessed and a few of my personal items were still in there. After retrieving my vehicle from the towing company I was informed that I would have to come back and pay another fee to recover my belongings. I was also told that I have 60 days to pick them up. When I went back to the towing company (a week later) I was told that there were no items in my car when they came to my house to pick it up. I was never given a business card nor did the individual give me any information. I was given a few moments to gather up my things but there was so much I left in the vehicle for I knew that I would be getting it back soon. I thought that I would be given something to sign to indicate that I still had things in the vehicle but nothing. I spoke to the office manager and did not get anywhere. I spoke to the regional manager and he told me that he would look into it. Just yesterday, I received an email stating my “agent confirmed that he watched you and another person clean out your vehicle, the description of the other person my agent gave me was not the man that accompanied you to our office last week. He said that when he left he noticed only a small Walmart bag that was filled with trash and some other items he identified as trash. This would explain why we had not done a property report on your car.” The sad thing is I was the individual who, ‘supposedly’ “cleaned out” the vehicle. What should I do?

H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
At this point you may have to sue to recover any belongings that were in the vehicle.
Speaker Law Firm
Speaker Law Firm | Theodore Speaker
You could file a complaint, but it is their word against yours. It would be up to the Judge to decide who is telling the truth.