Legally, what do I do to be able to buy a firearm if I was charged with brandishing over 20 years ago? 3 Answers as of April 08, 2015

I never went to court because I moved. This is preventing me from purchasing a firearm.

You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
Baker Wyers Law, PLLC
Baker Wyers Law, PLLC | Clifton Baker
If you never went to court, were you charged and is there a warrant? If you were never charged, you can get an expungement of that record for the state failing to file. There is not enough information to offer other options.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
If there is a warrant for failing to appear, you must appear in court or hire an attorney to do so for you if this is a misdemeanor criminal charge. You will not obtain DOJ clearance without clearing this matter.