Is witness tampering a valid charge if the alleged witness requested a no contact order be dropped? 2 Answers as of April 26, 2011

Does the charge of witness tampering fit if the prosecutor is charging you for a letter written by the witness, on their own computer that was supposedly reformatted, if the letter was requesting that a no contact order be dropped and not the charge of domestic violence, which was the original charge?

Yes it is if the prosecutor can prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Law Office of Andrew Subin
Law Office of Andrew Subin | Andrew Subin
Witness tampering means trying to get a witness to change his or her story, or to try to get a witness not to come to court or give a statement. If you tried to get the witness to change her story or say something that wasn't true (even regarding the NCO), that could be witness tampering. If you provided more details, I could probable give a better answer. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.