Is a witness statement admissible in court if it was not obtained by an attorney? Posted on June 22, 2011

Concerning a court case about my fiance. She was sexually molested and there was a witness but she has ties to the family. It was the mother of the offender who obtained the statement from the witness. Concerned because the statement is false and the details are incorrect from the witness. I believe that the mother of the offender personally asked the witness to write the statement because she was there the day of the incident and the mother wanted something to help strengthen the case for her son. Wondering if the statement is admissible in court, or if it is useful in the case instead of it being required to be obtained by law enforcement official instead of the mother of the offender