Is what these people are doing legal, in forcing me to comply with the divorce that they want to make sure happens? 5 Answers as of December 17, 2013

I am in a situation where I am forced to divorce because I have divorce documents sent to me. The other side has a lawyer but I don't. They are giving me all these terms to obey to that I am not aware of what is going on but I think they are planning to just carry out everything the way they want just because they started these paper works. Would I have to end up being the victim of their official paper work of nothing but just simply because they can do it to someone that does not have a job and has been dependent in various ways on the spouse for all these years not just in financial ways.? Please let me know, thanks.

The Goldberg Legal Group
The Goldberg Legal Group | David Goldberg
If one party wants the divorce, the other party can not stop it. If you your spouse has the ability to hire an attorney, they may be ordered to pay for part or all of your attorney fees. I suggest you speak to a family law attorney. Do not sit back and do nothing it will only harm your case more.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You need to find a lawyer. Depending on your situation and how much money you ex makes you may be able to get one who will accept payment from your ex.
If your spouse can afford a lawyer, maybe he can afford to pay your lawyer. I'd recommend that you search for an experienced Family Law Attorney to advise and represent you, including filing an RFO (Request for Order) seeking Spousal Support and Attorney's fees. At the least, go to your Superior Court's Self-Help clinic to seek assistance and advice from a volunteer lawyer.
Oscar E. Toscano | Oscar E. Toscano
Get a good lawyer to explain the process to you and to help you.
LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
Someone can divorce you whether you like it or not. The court will make you get a job if it can. You should see an attorney. The other side may be ordered to pay towards your attorney fees.