Is a visa available for my wife now that we have gone through the process? 1 Answers as of May 09, 2011

I am green card holder, I applied for F2a to my wife (Iraq) on sep-2009, we got approved on jan-27-2010, on july-2010; I paid the $70 and the $400 to the NVC, also I submitted the affidavit of support and the DS 230 with the DS 156 ,and my income tax along with choice of agent, on aug-2010 we got a child and during that time the case been returned back to the USCIS for reviewing, on april-2011 got a request to pay $404 for my child and send the civil documents with the ds-230 for her. Now does that mean the visas are available?! And how long takes for the interview? My PD is September 2009.

No. USDOS can request payment of visa fees up to a year before the visa becomes available. You need to check the visa bulletin to see if the visa is available. It takes some time depending on your preference category, but what you want to do is check it every month at this address: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5424.html. It looks like they are still on June 8, 2007 as of today. Good luck!