Is the truck mine? 7 Answers as of March 06, 2014

I purchased a house and a non-running vehicle was left. I had a contract made by a lawyer which states possession upon closing. It has been 60 days and the people said they would get it before closing. Is the truck mine since the contract said anything left is mine?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frederick & Frederick PLC | James P Frederick
Possibly. Michigan has a fairly aggressive abandoned vehicles statute.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/6/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
No, not yet. You can tell the people that you are charging a storage fee of $10.00 per day. If they don't pick it up, you will foreclose on the storage lien and take the truck. This would require you to get a new title. You may want to talk with a local attorney about how to do this properly.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 3/6/2014
Law Office Of Victor Waid
Law Office Of Victor Waid | Victor Waid
Contact your lawyer for an interpretation of the contract.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2014
Richard J. Keyes Attorney at Law | Richard J. Keyes
How are you going to get the title to the truck in your name? Just because it is left on the property does not mean that you can get the title put in your name.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 3/6/2014
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
It is not your. Your contract says upon closing, hence, they have until that time to recover their property. A contract requires both parties to sign.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/6/2014
    Goldsmith & Guymon
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
    Probably not, the truck carries separate title. You should have the written agreement reviewed by an attorney to advise you.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 3/6/2014
    James Law Group
    James Law Group | Christine James
    IF that is what the contract says, but be careful. If you really want it, give the proper notices to the owners in order to make sure they understanding it is being "abandoned". Ask an attorney for help.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/6/2014
Click to View More Answers: