Is this work schedule adjustment legal? 1 Answers as of November 13, 2015

we are hourly employees and had a mandatory meeting over our lunch period. (Lunch was provided) Our employer is now telling us we have to adjust our schedule for the rest of the week so we don't have OT, i.e., leave 15 mins early etc. Is this legal?

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not know. I am not clear if you were paid for that lunch meeting or not. It sounds like they are paying you for that meeting, and having you take some comp time off, meaning you will be paid the same, so I am confused why you have a problem. What is the problem with leaving work a bit early? 1) I suggest you contact Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor http://www.wagehour.dol.gov/ They have investigators that handle such questions. or 2) Google this: wage and hour law This search should take you to many firms that give advice on their web pages. Most take telephone calls for free. If you have a good case, they often get paid only and when you win.