Is this possible to remarry and sponsor ex wife from another country? 4 Answers as of April 29, 2015

I divorced in another country and remarried. My second wife from United States sponsored me and we divorced. I’m a US citizens now. My question is can still sponsor my first ex-wife from another country? Even though we already divorced, can I remarry her and sponsor her into United States?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
There is nothing in the law that says that you cannot remarry an ex spouse. If you are legally married, that is with your ex spouse, then you can always sponsor her into the United States to come and live with you. Do be aware, ?that that may appear suspicious to a US government official. But there is nothing about it if it is entered into in good faith.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/27/2015
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Yes you can, provided you can show that your divorce and second marriage are all legitimate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/29/2015
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
The short answer to your question is: yes. The longer answer to your question is that in the application process after you re-marry your first wife, you may expect renewed scrutiny of your marriage to your second wife, who sponsored you for immigration benefits, since there may be renewed suspicion about whether that marriage had been bona fide. To prepare for that, you should plan to assemble a particularly strong set of documentary evidence about the bona fide nature of your second marriage, notwithstanding that immigration authorities already reviewed documentation about it in the past. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge. [Note: This communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/24/2015
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You can try. Be prepared to explain the situation and work with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/24/2015
Click to View More Answers: