Is this legal to change my pay or appear without my consent? Posted on August 08, 2011

I went to pay $25 for my pay or appear that was set up May 10. I made my first payment in July, which was when it was agreed upon. I had agreed to community service before this then my wife became disabled so we agreed upon a $25 a month payment plan instead. Today when I went to pay, they informed me that the judge is making me do community service instead since I had at one time agreed to it. That is not what I agreed to in May, which was when we made arrangements. They are saying that I have to do community service and they only pay $5 an hour and they did not take the$25 that I paid and use it toward my fine or take off what would be any of the community service. I want to pay $25 a month like I agreed. Can they change this when I am not even there and it is not what I agreed to do? I have appear in court in the morning at 9am.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: