Is this child abandonment if the child has been in my care for 6 months straight? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2017

I have a 3 year old child. Her mother comes by maybe once a month sometimes two, spends maybe 5 minutes with her. She receives food stamps but doesn't provide anything for our child. We had an agreement where we'd alternate weeks caring for our child, but that slowly became just me taking care of her and now only me. She has a very bad drug problem and I have tons of proof. She is in and out of jail. We were never married, but three months after my child's birth, I was granted an EPO which was dismissed after she went to rehab.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
You need to file a paternity case and ask for custody. Hire a lawyer. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 4/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: