Is this a case of defamation? 8 Answers as of February 18, 2014

I began a relationship with a man who had just temporarily moved to the town I live in. I was mislead by him to believe he was separated and in the middle of a divorce. I unfortunately believed him, and continue to have a public relationship with him until I realized he was not being honest with me, at which time I broke up the relationship. I created an alternate Facebook page that documented our relationship and publicly posted it to expose his lies to his wife. I don't believe I have done anything illegal and I have not posted anything that is a lie or misleading, and everything can be backed up by witnesses. This man says unless I remove the FB Page he will spend every dollar in court to make me take it down. Does he have a case? Because he misrepresented his self to me, do I have a case against him? What are my options?

In NC truth is an absolute defense to defamation. See a good litigation lawyer and be more careful about the friends you choose.
The truth is a defense.
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
I'll take no sides in this fight, but ask why you are doing this? Spite? Why expose yourself to a lawsuit just so you can be spiteful?
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Truth is an absolute defense to a defamation claim, but do you want to spend the money to defend yourself in a court of law? You probably could not resolve the case short of trial and would not be entitled to get any attorney's fees from him. You probably have already achieved your goal of embarrassing him.
He does not have a case, but I do not understand how this process will help you find a man, since that is what you were looking for when you met this first new man in town.
    As they said in law school, truth is a defense to a defamation claim. Whether or not you are acting wisely is another question.
    Truth is a defense. On the other hand, if he has money he could make life difficult for you in court and cost you a lot. I don't think you have any claim against him for lying to you. On the other hand, if he does sue and you survive, you might either be able to get your attorney fees out of him or possibly an abuse of process claim. My inclination is to leave it up and wait and see, but I don't know your financial condition and I don't know how much a lawsuit would hurt you.
    The truth is a defense to a claim of defamation, but it won't stop him from suing you and making you defend yourself.