Is there a way we can collect on a personal injury caused by a dog attack? 6 Answers as of November 29, 2010

My husband was attacked by two pit bulls and had to go to the hospital and has numbness and pains even 8 months later. We found out that the homeowner does not have homeowners insurance. Is there anything we can do?

El Dabe Law Firm
El Dabe Law Firm | Edmond El Dabe
You can always sue, but the chances of collecting anything are slim. Insurance companies have to pay settlements and verdicts to stay in business. If there is no insurance company, then the persons liable for the injury (the dog owners) will have to pay. You need a good investigator to do an asset check on the dog owners to discover if they have any assets.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. My personal commitment to you is that I handle your case personally, I will return your calls, and I will file a lawsuit and take your case to court rather than accept unreasonable low offers from insurance companies.
Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
You can file a personal injury suit against the homeowners even if they do not have insurance. They are still liable for their dogs.
File the lawsuit and find out.