Is there way to stop or delay a divorce if my wife filed just to exploit me? 1 Answers as of April 08, 2011

Since my wife filed for divorce, she has been demanding money and has been very vicious towards me. I know she is planning exploit me in the divorce process. What do I file to delay this or delay this? I am out of state for work for the next month.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn E. Tanner
Glenn E. Tanner | Glenn E. Tanner
First, it isethical dangerous to"delay" things butI don't think that's really what you're asking.There are too manyunknown varibles for me to accurately tell you what you can do to protect yourself.If she has set up temporary order hearings, you can often get those continued. If she served you out of state, you have 60 days to respond to thepetition, otherwise 20, and you can delay that with a "notice of appearance." However, again, I have noidea what she served you with and thus how to protect you. Plus, every county is different. You need to get the documents you were served with to a lawyer asap. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: