Is there a way to stop it and just pay off everything myself? 12 Answers as of June 21, 2017

I filed Chapter 13 a year ago. However, I wish I never filed at all now.

Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
You'll probably end up paying more money to your creditors. But you are always able to dismiss your case voluntarily.
Yes, you can dismiss the Chapter 13 and deal with your creditors yourself. You should discuss this with your lawyer to compare the results of continuing the 13 versus dismissing.
You can dismiss it, all the interest will come back and the case will remain on your record.
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group | Christopher J. Kane
Yes, at any time you can voluntarily dismiss your Chapter 13 case by filing a short motion to dismiss with the Court. You cannot dismiss your own Chapter 7 case, but you can dismiss your Chapter 13.
Yes, you can dismiss the case and work it out with creditors individually, or you can get a payoff from the trustee and pay off the plan in a lump sum.
    You may dismiss your chapter 13 anytime you like for no reason at all. However, before you do this, I recommend contacting your creditors to negotiate a favorable settlement offer. A debt settlement attorney can make a big difference in how much you have to pay.
    You have options. An attorney will need to review your CH13 BK file with you (lawyers can access this information through Pacer). Not sure about other attorneys, but I charge a minimum of one hour of my time to review options with you ($250). Good luck with this matter.
    A Debtor in a Chapter 13 has the right to request a dismissal of the case. The Judge will need to sign an order dismissing the case. If the Debtor does not want to file a motion to dismiss, the Debtor can simply stop making the monthly payment to the Trustee and the Trustee will eventually make a motion to dismiss for failure to make payments.
    OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
    Yes, a chapter 13 is voluntary. Ask your attorney to give you the pros and cons of dismissing and then if you want to dismiss, instruct your attorney in writing to file a motion to dismiss. In my experience after some amount of time in a chapter 13 many people forget what it was like trying to pay many different creditors each month and think the chapter 13 was a bad idea. Then after dismissing the chapter 13 they wish they would have stayed in it.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    If it was not previously converted from chapter 7, a chapter 13 is entirely voluntary and you can dismiss your case at any time. If you don't have a lawyer, talk to the trustee's office about how to get it done.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    You have a right to dismiss your case.