Is there a way to respond to a divorce after the 30 days have passed? 15 Answers as of July 28, 2015

We went to a mediator and she said I do not have to respond as long as we are in mediation. Now the 30 days to respond has passed and I am feeling nervous. Can I respond late?

Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
File the response ASAP-you want to do this before they take your default.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
I am sure that the Court will accept your answer at this point, even if it is filed late. Even if there was a default, you can probably have it lifted for good cause. Just get your Answer/Counterclaim filed as soon as possible.
This does not sound like a Wisconsin case. In general, if you want to file an Answer late, file it, together with a motion for leave to file late. If not much has happened in the case in the interim, and not much time has passed, the request will probably be granted. But lose no time.
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
You may get away with it as long as no further actions were taken to proceed with the divorce. Will depend upon your spouse and/or his/her attorney, also.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes unless he has filed for Default. Then you have to Answer and file a Motion to Vacate the Default.
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
    If the Court has not already entered a Final Judgement of Dissolution, there may still be time for you to respond. Prepare your response, go down to the Courthouse and file it immediately. Don't forget to have a copy of your response served on your spouse.
    As long as a default has not been taken against you for failure to file a response, you're okay. It's best to get something in writing from the petitioner confirming that they will not file a default without giving you additional 30 days written notice of their intention to do so as lead time for you to file your answer.
    Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
    You may respond until your spouse files a request that the court take a default against you and requests a judgment without your input. I would rather be safe than sorry, unless you are absolutely sure they won't file those papers.
    Peggy M. Raddatz
    Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
    You should not listen to a non lawyer about legal advice. Hire an attorney ASAP