Is there a way to recover part of the tax overpayment? Posted on August 06, 2011

For the first time, this years tax bill contained a website to review my property assessment. I found a major sq. footage error on the property card, appealed, and had my bill reduced $400.00 - when I tried to recoup the previous 6 years overpayment of taxes I was told "tough luck" by the appeals board because I hadn't appealed in prior years which means I overpaid by $3000 over the 7 year period. Is there any way to recover at least part of the overpayment?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: