Is there a way to pay the fines and avoid going back and doing jail time? 8 Answers as of November 26, 2013

I was charged with a DWI 2 years ago and have outstanding fines that have resulted in a bench warrant. However, I live in a different state.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will be going back into custody on the warrant, before anything else happens.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/26/2013
Milstein Defense Law
Milstein Defense Law | Jeff Milstein
Yes, if it is just for outstanding fines you can certainly pay them and should not have to serve any time.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 11/26/2013
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant and get an extension on the fines. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/26/2013
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Consult your attorney, depending on the jurisdiction you may have non-custodial options for failing to comply with the terms and conditions of your probation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/22/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Money for the fines would help and an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 11/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!