Is there a way to get my gun rights renewed? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I was convicted of third degree burglary at age 19, 21 years ago. Is there a way to get my rights renewed? I also served no time in jail, only five years of probation which I did not violate. I am hoping to say I was just a kid would help. The crime was very juvenile and there were no victims. I live in Florida now and have since 2004 and have a family. Thanks for your time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
The restoration of the right to own, possess, or use firearms requires an application and you must meet the following eligibility requirements: (1) completion of all sentences imposed and all conditions of supervision have been completed or have expired for at least 8 years. This includes parole, probation, community control, control release, and conditional release. (2) you have no outstanding detainers, or any monetary penalties/liabilities that are in excess of $1,000 and result from any criminal conviction or traffic infraction.; (3) you have no outstanding victim restitution. It sounds like you would have no issue meeting the above but there is a rather lengthy application and evaluation process. Have you had your civil rights restored yet? Please feel free to contact me.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: