Is there a way to change the trust if one of the beneficiaries no longer should have any say in what happens with the land? 1 Answers as of September 22, 2016

In order to protect our acreage, our attorney suggested my mom put our land in an irrevocable trust, with me and a sibling getting the acreage upon my mom's death. At the time the trust was made, we made the attorney aware of family issues at the time and he told us we could change the trust at any time. Our attorney has since passed away, and the one local attorney we talked to about changing the trust treated my mom terribly, and told us we will lose the acreage so just don't bother. Where do we start?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
First, talk with another attorney who?s an expert in this area of law. You don't provide enough details to provide a specific answer to your question. While the trust may be irrevocable, there may be a way for your mother to change the management of the trust to ensure that the land is properly handled after her death.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 9/22/2016
Click to View More Answers: