Is there a way I can fight this DV or have the no contests plea reversed or have to reduce to a normal battery? 3 Answers as of April 10, 2014

Ten years ago, I plead no contest to Misdemeanor DV battery and had to do a 52 week program. At that time, I had no idea how serious that would be. I took the deal to avoid having to go to trial. As a result, I’m subject to the lifetime ban on owning or posing a firearm. The victim in this case was a friend who I had never had an Intimate relationship with, who is not a family member nor at any time share residence with. After spending some time researching the definitions and what is needed to be charged with DV versus a regular battery. It appears I did not fall in the category of Domestic violence.

Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
It is very unlikely that the plea may be set aside. Normally, the ban on gun ownership lasts through probation plus 10 years.
The ship has long sailed my friend.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
It sounds like you are suffering from buyer's remorse, which does not support undoing a conviction especially this late in the game. Had you tried to do so within 6 months of the plea, maybe ? 10 years later, no chance. People need to gauge things carefully when they plead guilty to a crime, because most charges can be fought, and those who choose not to do so are generally stuck with the results of their decisions.