Is there a way I can beat VOP and still be out on parole or shock parole? 6 Answers as of March 06, 2013

I was put on probation for five years then I got a trafficking charge and sentenced to 30 months.

Retain an attorney.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If you were out on parole and were arrested for dealing drugs then you will go back to prison. They are not going to allow a program for a violation of parole that serious.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
What? You were on probation and then you got a new case and got 30 months but you want to keep your probation. Not likely, but it is up to the judge on the probation case.
I would need further information to answer, such as the exact section of law of the charges etc. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
    The O'Hanlon Law Firm, P.C. | Stephen O'Hanlon
    There is no such thing as shock parole. You will either have a parole setback or be resentenced for your VOP. There is no way to beat it. It's a damage limitation exercise.