Is there a way I can avoid jail time if I am being charged with 5 felonies and 10 misdemeanors? 10 Answers as of March 06, 2013

It is my first offense and the charges are all for destruction of private property. I was recently released from jail on an ankle monitor before my arraignment. The only thing I have working in my favor is I know the area my brother lives in and the county wants him a whole lot more than I. we have the exact same charges but they only have a regular warrant out for his arrest and he left the state. I just need to know the easiest way out of this. I am planning to use my brother against them, if they threaten me with jail time. I will not try to get info on my brother and they probably won’t be able to find him without my help. I will take any advice.

Yes, get acquitted at trial or your attorney convinces Da you are not guilty.
If you have that many charges and it sounds like you are already under court supervision, the likelihood of you not doing at least some jail or prison time is minimal at best and non-existent at worst. Although there's always hope, it sounds like you are in serious trouble and unless all charges or at least the major ones get dropped or dismissed, you may be looking at jail time. You definitely need to make sure you have the services of an experienced criminal lawyer on your side.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
While in theory avoiding jail might be possible, ultimately sentencing depends on whether you are found guilty, the seriousness of your offense in the courts eyes, mitigation, and allocution. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
You need to be represented by a lawyer, who can discuss a possible deal with the prosecutor, who may be inclined to lower the sentence if he gets the information he or the police want regarding your brother. Without that co-operation on your part, I see you spending some time behind bars.
You should prepare for incarceration. They have you. They will not be dropping charges against you, because you can help them nail your brother.
    Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law | Randy M. Lish
    Probably not completely, although it does depend on what you are ultimately convicted of or plead to.
    I would need further information to answer such as the exact sections of the law of all the charges. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    My advice is to stop trying to work this case yourself. You are not an attorney and you clearly need one. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer ASAP. The lawyer will evaluate the pros/cons of using information about your brother as leverage in the case. You should be prepared for the possibility that the prosecution and/or law enforcement will not have any interest in your information about your brother. Unless he is a murderer, they are unlikely to give you anything of value in exchange for information about him.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Yes. If you can beat the charges you can avoid jail.
    Law Office of Richard Southard
    Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
    There is no easy way out of this. That being said, it may still be possible for your attorney to work out a plea bargain involving probation instead of jail. There just aren't enough facts present in your question.