Is there a time frame a license can be suspended without paying the fees? 1 Answers as of February 27, 2017

I received a DUI and paid the court fines but did not pay the reinstatement fee or take the driving courses because when I moved to other state they gave me a valid license, 6 years later I moved to different state again and they too gave me a license. But when I applied for a CDL license they said it could not be issued because my previous state had blocked me. They say that I still have to take the driving courses and pay a reinstatement fee. Why is it that I am able to obtain a regular license and not a CDL license. Why would I also need to pay a reinstatement fee for a license in a state I know longer live in when I already have a valid license in the state I do live in?

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
I have no special insight but believe the federal DOT takes more interest in CDL licensing than a license for an ordinary citizen. To fully answer your question it should be directed to the Federal Department of Transportation in Washington.