Is there a time frame in which a probation hearing has to be held? 3 Answers as of December 27, 2013

My boyfriend was sentenced 1-2 years for his 3rd DUI that also resulted in a probation violation from a previous case. He's now at his home prison and still no word from the county that his probation was in. He has 9 months left on his minimum.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Probation may just let him serve the rest of his probation in prison.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 12/27/2013
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC | Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
The full details need to be known. If your BF is not represented by an attorney presently, perhaps you would want to make arrangements for an attorney to make a prison visit to your BF.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 12/12/2013
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Your boyfriend should contact his lawyer about the probation violation, some counties will enforce them, others won't. The maximum for a third offense DUI, misdemeanor, is one year, there are more facts and/or charges you have omitted, that may affect the accuracy of this answer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!