Is there a statute of limitation for collecting unpaid alimony? 2 Answers as of January 24, 2017

My divorce was finalized and filed in 2003. The judgment was signed and agreed upon by ex-husband to pay alimony $623 month. Approximately 3 years later, in 2007, he stopped making payments. There was no new court order and no revision to original judgment was obtained. Judgment stated alimony would stop only upon my getting remarried or upon his death. Neither has happened. I would like to collect alimony owed for last 10 years ($87k) and enforce original judgment to continue payments. I was told there is a 3 year statute limitation. Am I too late?

Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
Spousal support is due until paid. There is no statute of limitations.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Judgments and Orders are good for ten years and can be renewed by court order. If you have an arrearage of support accumulated and the payor has a job or you know where there are assets, get a lawyer to help you collect all of the past due amount.