Is there something wrong if heir to house has Down syndrome and auction it before he is notified? 1 Answers as of August 23, 2016

House is in foreclosure and a company works out a solution. I make 3 payments at this price in 3 consecutive months and my mortgage will be restructured. Owner holds his end up and they send a packet to fill out a packet and he fills it out and sends it in but they never get it. They talked and the company sent another packet. Then the courier driver said that the house is vacant which is extremely obvious it’s not. Back on foreclosure, the owner dies with no will, his son who has Down syndrome and has lived with his father his whole life. He is to inherit the house and it takes about 45 days for the grandson to get legal custody of him. He faxed a death certificate in and 7 days later, a lady puts a five day up saying house has been auctioned. He never was given opportunity to resolve mortgage issues.

Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
The heir has no more rights that the owner. I suggest that the specifics be reviewed by an attorney to see if redemption is possible. If the "heir" cannot afford counsel I suggest that his legal guardian seek approval through Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada or Nevada Legal Services for a pro bono attorney. This is opinion is solely based upon the facts presented in the inquiry. Additional facts may be important and may change the analysis. If you are uncertain, seek legal counsel. We are not your attorneys. This answer is being offered to assist you in determining if you need to retain legal counsel to assist you, not to resolve your issue through an email inquiry.