Is there some sort of cheap way to get a divorce or an annulment? 5 Answers as of July 12, 2016

I'm currently married in the state of Florida. We have been separated for 3 years now. He was very abusive on a daily basis and I want my last name back. I don't want anything but for him to pay off the debt he put me in. Is there a cheaper way for a divorce or annulment?

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
If he agrees you can use an Uncontested DOM procedure; but it sounds like he will not. Uncontested you can be divorced in 30 days.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
Firstly, you mentioned annulment. A lot of people think that annulments are available for very short-term marriages. In some states, that is the case. That is not the case in Florida. An annulment is only an available option in Florida there is some defect in the marriage, i.e. you married your brother or you married a person named John Smith and his real name is Robert Jones. There are many more examples but I am just throwing out a few of them. Therefore, you will probably be doing a divorce action. As to getting your maiden name back that should not be a problem. As to costs, if your Husband and you come to an agreement then you could file what is called a simplified dissolution of marriage. However, that takes his cooperation. If he is not cooperative, you are going to have to do things the hard way. I would strongly suggest that you consult with a lawyer in your area. If you meet certain eligibility requirements, you might be able to get legal aid or you may qualify for the Florida Bar's Low Fee Panel.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
An uncontested divorce is usually much, much cheaper than a contested one.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
Consider Mediation. It is fast, effective and affordable. Good luck.
Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
I will give you a good price. Or you can go to the clerk and get the forms. Use of a lawyer is recommended.