Is there some kind of Statute of Limitations for traffic violations warrants? 6 Answers as of May 05, 2015

What can I do to clean this up? Is this going to cost me a lot to fix? I did not show up for my court dates, and now I think there may be a warrant for my arrest. The dates in court were for several speeding tickets and parking tickets I did not pay for. I have stayed out of trouble since then and I try not to drive. There is nothing else on my record.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
If they went ahead and filed and you had a court date then it can stay on your record indefinitely. You need to go in and resolve the case. I don't know what the cost will be because it depends what the tickets are for and if you have any prior offenses.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 5/5/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Warrants never expire, even if they're just for speeding tickets. Consult an experienced traffic law attorney to get a price quote for legal representation and an estimate of the amount of the fines & court costs you will have to pay. Your attorney can get the warrants lifted and your tickets reduced to non-moving, no-point violations that won't affect your driving record or insurance rates. You won't have to appear in court, but you will have to pay fines and court costs.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 5/5/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
I need details but think you were most probably found guilty by default and now have a warrant for your arrest. Get an attorney near the court which you defaulted and to see if something can be worked out. If you come to the attention of the law for any reason it is probable you will be arrested and at least detained.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/5/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor or infraction, so it is less risky for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
There is no statute of limitations issue once a bench warrant is taken. IT stops all time from running.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/5/2015
Click to View More Answers: