Is there a longer wait period for immigration based on the state you live? 3 Answers as of May 10, 2011

Is there a longer wait period for immigration based on the state you live? I am a full u.s. citizen through adoption, born in Bogota, Colombia.. I am trying to sponsor my half brother now that I have found him. Is there a way to sponser him faster than the 10 years I have been reading in the time table?

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Nope. The visa quota is the same wherever you live. Sorry.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
The state doesn't matter, but his country of birth matter. Colombia has one of the shortest time frame compared with Mexico 915-16 years) or the Philippines (21-23 years), but is is still fairly long (10-12 years). You will need to establish the relationship as brother between the two of you. If you have the same mother, it will be much easier. If you have the same dad, it may be more complex. Good luck.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No there isn't. Additionally is this half brother from your biological parents or from your adoptive parents, because you are not able to sponsor any siblings from your biological parents.