Is there a limit of time to request for spousal suport? 1 Answers as of December 19, 2016

I was granted spousal support after my divorce, but my ex-husband didn't pay it. If I don't do anything against him, is there a limit of time for me to try to collect for spousal support in the future? Can I take him back if I decide to do something to collect it? My ex-husband is telling me that he will let me stay in the house indefinitely, after paying me half of the value of our house, so he will keep the house, but will let me stay to live in the house if I sign a paper saying that I won’t request for spousal support unless he throw me out of the house. I want to know if years passed and he does kick me out of the house, am I going to be able to take him to court for spousal support or after certain period of time, I won’t be able to do it?

There are too many moving parts to figure out what you should do without meeting with an experienced family law attorney in an office consultation.