Is there legal ways I can get non-violent crimes expunged if I live in Washington? 2 Answers as of April 14, 2011

If I have non-violent crimes that I pleaded guilty to a long time ago, how can I get them cleared from my record? I only pleaded guilty because I was not able to afford a lawyer. I am in Bellevue.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lisa Mulligan Law Offices, LLC
Lisa Mulligan Law Offices, LLC | Lisa Mulligan
Yes, it depends on the offense, but usually non-violent, non-sex offenses can be vacated and sealed after a certain period of time (which, again, depends on the offense). Expungement applies to non-conviction information for charges that did not result in a guilty finding.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/14/2011
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
Unless you have convictions for sex offenses, serious violent offenses or DUII - related offenses or Kidnapping, if you have paid all of your fines and stayed out of trouble for five years, you can petition the court to vacate and dismiss your convictions. Note that the petition must be filed with the court you were convicted by. So if the crimes were outside King County, You will need to go to those counties. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call. I do not charge for initial phone calls or meetings.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: