Is there legal recourse if a Judge wont sign QDRO? 2 Answers as of July 27, 2011

In November 2000, I was granted a divorce. As of the Divorce Agreement I was to receive a percentage of my ex-spouse's retirement. September 2004, after numerous attempts to collect the retirement a QDRO was sent to the Circuit Clerk of Cherokee County, AL for filing. January 2005, a letter was sent directly to the judge asking him to sign the QDRO. February 2005, the judge responded to the letter saying to forward a copy of the QDRO to the opposing counsel before asking the court to take action. February 2005, letter and QDRO sent to the opposing counsel asking for a response. The matter remains pending after NUMEROUS attempts over the years to get it resolved. Do I have any recourse?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
The only resource would be to file a Writ of Mandamus in the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals requesting that the Court Order the Judge to sign the QDRO.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/27/2011
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
Maybe you could file petition for mandamus. I am not real sure. Have you talked to your original counsel? He or she should assist with this. Otherwise, secure new counsel. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: