Is there a law in Texas protecting employees from having to pay money to keep their job? Posted on August 05, 2011

My company told me I had to get Security+ certified by CompTia. I did 3 years ago and it is good for life. 1 January, 2011, Comptia changed their rules and now you have to recertify all new certifications every 3 years. My company wants me to join CompTia's "Continuing Education" program, forcing me to pay $50 per year out of pocket and do training, just to keep my certification current, even though I'm grandfathered in by Comptia saying it's good for life. Can they force me to pay$50 per year to keep this cert? I could loose my job without it. $50 isn't much to keep my job, but this sounds like a principle issue....what will they force us to pay for next, just to keep our jobs?