Is there a law broken since I was being transferred for religious reasons and why? 3 Answers as of June 29, 2015

I work for the federal government. The agency that I work for limits a person from moving to another office within the agency, except for a promotion or a hardship transfer. A hardship transfer is for example if a person has to move to another location for health reasons and treatment purposes and or if a spouse relocates causing the person to have to move to be with their spouse etc. I put in for a hardship transfer to move and attend a Theological Seminary. So I applied for a hardship for religious purposes and I was denied. This denial was at the end of June 2014. Is there any legal action I can take or is there any law that would allow me to transfer for religious purposes. I realize every job has their own rules and policies but I am not sure if I was treated fairly. They approved two hardship transfers after mine, however they were not for religious purposes but they were approved. Again, I am not sure what action I can take to get this transfer. I am wondering is there any law that was broken that prevented me from being transferred for religious purposes?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I am familiar with federal hardship transfers. They are for those reasons that you cite, not to go to the seminary of your choice. You need a real hardship like ailing parents, requirement for medical services that cannot be provided where you are, etc. Most religious schools have programs that you can get into that allows electronic classes. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 6/29/2015
I do not know the answer to your question. I do not handle discrimination cases.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/29/2015
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
Most discrimination complaints must be filed within 180 days of the discriminatory event and for federal workers the deadline to complain can be shortened to 30 days in some instances. You would need to communicate directly with an attorney knowledgeable in this area to know if you may have any viable claim.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/29/2015
Click to View More Answers: