Is there a law against a adult showing pornographic pictures to a minor? 6 Answers as of July 22, 2010

Is there a law against an adult showing detailed pornographic pictures to a minor regardless of whether the picture is of themselves or of someone else? This has happened to my 11 year old daughter and I want to know what charges I can file.

Yes, This would be contributing to the delinquency of a minor and lewd conduct with a minor. You should report this to the police or the district attorney to get the relief you want.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
As stated below, the district attorney or other prosecuting agency decides whether to file a criminal complaint against a person based on a police report. Make sure your daughter understands the seriousness of this allegation. Someone could be sent to jail or prison, depending on that person's criminal history. Your daughter may have to give sworn testimony in court.
Showing any pornography in that circumstance would be a crime. Contact the police and they'll determine the charges that can be filed. You also have the option of filing a personal injury and tort civil suit for damages against the person. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me.
Law Offices of Ronald Richards & Associates
Law Offices of Ronald Richards & Associates | Ronald Richards
Penal Code 647.6 in California.
Law Offices of Ramona Hallam
Law Offices of Ramona Hallam | Ramona Hallam
You don't need to file charges. The District Attorney will do that after you call the police and report it.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    There are several potential criminal charges, but it's not up to you to "press" charges. That decision is up to the prosecuting agency in whatever jurisdiction this happened in.