Is there enough probable cause for the state attorney office to request an investigation? 2 Answers as of August 16, 2011

My attorney filed $1,500,000.00 open and closed wrongful death case the last day of limitations, had the case for two years, never showed up for any court dates or hearings, has never returned my calls and is not really part of the large firm he tries to make you think he is. He blocks any negative comments about his firm, has a 877 number, Post Office Box for his address, spells his name two different ways and has more than 30 years of experience, with no name by his telephone ads and wants to be called Billy also I found out his father is probably the reason he never wants to use or print his real name “his father was suspended for life from the Va. Bar for misconduct and he can’t remove the case from the web site.” “Unless the company we are suing is paying him off” what is the reason for him to act this way? With more than 30 years of experience “can’t be the first time he has done this.” What is going to be his surprise announcement he will tell me? Who should I report this to? Unless you are an attorney in the Sate of Virginia , reporting him to the bar is useless. With this type of conduct, is their enough Probable Cause for the States Attorney office to request an investigation? As long as he has let it drag on, is the case lost?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Raheen Law Group, P.C.
Raheen Law Group, P.C. | Wali Raheen
Sorry to hear this. I suggest you take your case to another attorney with good reputation. If he actually filed the case, then you can obtain all the records from the court and take it to another attorney. This way your wrongful death action would proceed. What can be done about this attorney is a separate matter. You should report him to the Bar. But if he is not licensed in Virginia, as you appear to mention, then the Bar could still take action against him for practicing law without a license. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 8/16/2011
Wilson & Hajek,LLC, a personal injury law firm
Wilson & Hajek,LLC, a personal injury law firm | Francis Hajek
You can file a complaint with the state bar and they will investigate. I have found them to be prompt and responsive. You should also dismiss the lawyer and hire someone else if you are this unhappy. You can also go by the court to check on the status of your case and look at your file. Your current lawyer should give you a copy of your file on request. If not, this is another basis for a complaint with the state bar. I am sorry that you are not happy with your lawyer and you should take action. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 8/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: