Is there a difference between a guilty plea and a conviction? 2 Answers as of March 19, 2016

If I am filling out an application for employment do I have to answer yes to the question of have I ever been convicted of a crime?

Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
Generally, prospective employers may only ask about felony convictions. Guilty pleas, once accepted by the Court, become a conviction on the matter pled guilty. Consult an attorney. Additionally, for drug convictions, some may be sealed after the fact and if sealed thereafter you can deny the conviction.
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
If you plead guilty to a crime, you are convicted of the crime. Be careful though many applications are asking about convictions for felonies versus convictions for misdemeanors. Be sure what level of crime your offense was and be sure it was a crime if that is the language used some traffic offenses are infractions which are civil offenses not criminal offenses.