Is there a cost of living increase after so many years , if so how much? 1 Answers as of December 10, 2016

I am married for 36 years. I am totally disabled for life. Our income was primarily used on me, my doctors and medications fearing I will be left with so little income for medications or my co pays to cover spinal taps to control pain. Both my 26 year old and I are disabled. My spouse disallowing help from the government. I never got disability for my daughter. I now am strapped with her and my disabilities alone. He has a great income and owns his own business. I just fear his new girlfriend will force him to cut us off. What is the maximum % for life? He said I waited too long and now I'm entitled to zero and to just sign the divorce papers when they come.

Spousal support is a very important right created in a long term marriage. If you're disabled child is from this relationship, the child may qualify for adult child support due to the disability. You have many assets including a community business run by your husband that's at stake. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.