Is there constitutional law that dictates a presidential candidate must name a vice presidential candidate? 8 Answers as of December 05, 2012

I am writing a book and needs to obtain this information.

If you are writing the book, you better do the research. Try the library. Why don't you hire some one to do the research, or better yet, to write the book for you.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I suggest you go read the US Constitution, especially if you are writing a book. You may recall that the pres and VP are nominated by political conventions.
I do not know off the top of my head. If you google "U.S. Constitution" you can probably find the entire US Constitution online. The constitution dictates some of the election laws. I do not know if this one is in there.
Law Office of Russell D. Gray, PC
Law Office of Russell D. Gray, PC | Russell D. Gray
This is a question that you could answer yourself by conducting your own research. The constitution is easily available, and any law library would have the resources you need to answer this question.
If you are writing a book, then look it up! The Constitution is only about 15 pages.