Is there a connection if we filed chapter 7 bankruptcy but did not reaffirm home? 7 Answers as of September 18, 2014

Our condominium association foreclosed on our home and we moved out. The foreclosure went through, including the mortgage company, but is not on our credit report two years later.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor | Susan G. Taylor
That's right you don't have a foreclosure on your record because you didn't reaffirm.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/18/2014
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
Then you have a fcra (fair credit reporting act) violation and a discharge violation. You may be able to sue and win money damages with no legal fees.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/18/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
I do not understand your problem.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/18/2014
D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law | D.J. Rausa
This is not a bankruptcy issue. It is a credit reporting issue that may or may not have any redress.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2014
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
The bankruptcy discharge prevented your mortgage company from reporting any information about your mortgage loan after the bankruptcy was completed on your consumer credit report. However, any company that might lend you money for a mortgage in the future will be able to find out about the foreclosure even though this info isn?t on your consumer report.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 9/17/2014
    Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
    The credit reporting agency gets its information from the lenders. Some lenders don't cooperate with the credit reporting agency and it will never show up. If this is a problem, you can dispute the information with the credit reporting agency.
    Answer Applies to: Ohio
    Replied: 9/17/2014
    Law Office of Lynnmarie A. Johnson
    Law Office of Lynnmarie A. Johnson | Lynnmarie Johnson
    If the problem is that it is still showing you own the home and are behind, call or go on the internet and dispute it. Otherwise, if the problem is that it is not showing the debt discharged, due the same thing. They have 30 days to correct it under normal circumstances.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 9/17/2014
Click to View More Answers: