Is there anyway to voluntarily have my wages garnished? Posted on May 23, 2011

My agreement with a debt collection agency is up and I have a letter from them stating that if I want to continue with the initial agreement to just keep making the payments or if I cannot keep up with the payments to give them a call before the deadline. Since making the agreement my school loans have come out of forbearance and I am about to be a father in three weeks. I called today to explain this to them and I was told that they will not reduce the payments no matter the circumstances. I cannot pay my bills and take care of my child and keep paying them 179 monthly. What can I do? I read that the limit on wage garnishment is 25% of the gross income. That is the most likely scenario where I can take care of my family and bills and pay my debt. Is there anyway to voluntarily have my wages garnished?