Is there anyway to get my daughter back now? 4 Answers as of April 26, 2016

I am fighting for custody of my daughter from the parental grandfather who has no rights to her and no rights have been taken from me. I have a case pending. She is in another state. The father passed away in December and consented for me to have sole custody. I haven't seen my child in a year. There's a lot more to this case. I'm a fit parent. I have a PI hearing on May 16th and hearing on June 14th. I just went to court February 25. It was supposed to be a hearing but the magistrate changed it to a scheduling conference. I have done everything asked of me and I desperately need help or some kind of hope that my daughter will be returned to me. I do have an attorney however she has been a big disappointment.

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
You have to file the case where the child lives unless there is an ongoing FL case.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Where does your child live now? Grandparents don't have visitation rights in Maryland. I can help you with the custody of you daughter. I specialize in custody cases and have practiced family law for 31 years. I need more information on your case.
Law and Dispute Resolution Office of Robert L. Baum
Law and Dispute Resolution Office of Robert L. Baum | Robert L. Baum
There is a lot more to your question than meets the eye. You really need to have an attorney actively involved to get your child back ASAP. Assuming the Court has jurisdiction even though the child is in another state, unless the Magistrate grants an immediate order at the PL hearing you won't get much from that. Any smart lawyer for the grandfather will appeal (if he loses) and nothing will happen regarding your access to the child before the June 14th hearing. Unless you can argue that there is an emergency, the Court will not do anything to grant you access to your child until the PL hearing at the earliest.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You need to speak with your own attorney about this. That person certainly knows a lot more than you have written here.