Is there anyway I could restore my parental rights? 12 Answers as of July 09, 2013

Is there anyway I could restore my parental rights?

If your parental rights were terminated by a Court, it is unlikely that you could get them reinstated other than through a timely and successful appeal. If your custody or visitation rights were reduced to zero through a divorce or paternity case, you might be able to obtain custody or visitation rights via an Order to Show Cause after remedying the problem that caused the reduction and creating a consistent track record that demonstrates that the problem is solved. m
Law Office of Karen A. Clark, L.L.C.
Law Office of Karen A. Clark, L.L.C. | Karen A. Clark
That would depend upon the circumstances under which your parental rights were limited. I would suggest that you ask an attorney to review any orders entered in your matter.
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner
Law Office of Roianne H. Conner | Roianne Houlton Conner
Once the parental rights have been terminated there is no authority in the Alabama Code to have them reinstated.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Riana Durrett
A natural parent may petition to restore parental rights under N.R.S. 128.170 and related statutes. Of course, as with many legal procedures, an experienced attorney can help you gather the necessary documents and evidence you would need to present to the court. My office provides free consultations in such matters.
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
I don't know why they were taken away. I don't know what happened to the child. The question is: would it be in the best interest of the child to restore your parental rights? Please discuss this with a domestic relations attorney.
    Since you don't say how or why your parental rights need to be restored, it isn't possible to give clear answer to your question. Generally, however, if your rights were terminated by court either for child abuse or for abandonment, it is probably almost impossible to change the past. You should consult an attorney who can examine the situation in more detail and advise you of your possible options.
    If your rights were terminated it is unlikely especially if another person adopted the child.
    You will have to go to Court and tell the Judge why you should get your rights back.
    It will depend on how those were taken away. If it is through an adoption or a termination of parental rights, then the answer is no. Once they are terminated they are gone.
    Vincent J. Bernabei LLC
    Vincent J. Bernabei LLC | Vincent J. Bernabei
    The answer depends on how your rights were terminated in the first place. If you gave the child up for adoption and your rights were terminated that way, then you could adopt the child to reinstate your parental rights. If your parental rights were terminated because the court deemed you an unfit parent, you probably cannot reinstate your parental rights.