Is there anything that can help my husband become legal? 7 Answers as of December 19, 2013

My husband came about 9 years ago when he was 16 years old. 3 years ago in 2010, he left because his mother got sick. He came back and was caught at the border. Is there anything that we can do to get him legal? Because he has crossed the border more than one time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
It would be necessary to review his immigration record with BP the USCIS and ICE to determine whether he has been convicted of felony re entry. He may be eligible for a waiver or to reopen any removal/deportation order. I strongly suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine his alternatives.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/18/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your husband's situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze his case, advise you of your options and, if possible, make sure that the necessary paperwork and documentation is presented so as not to delay the process of legalizing him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/18/2013
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
Your husband has triggered the permanent bar which means he has to stay outside of U.S. before he can apply to be back. No waivers available until then.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 12/18/2013
Hoang & Tran PLLC | Adam Tran
Is in your spouse in removal proceeding? If you are an U.S. citizen, you can sponsor him and seek a "waiver".
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/18/2013
Nossa Law Office
Nossa Law Office | Pablo H Nossa
Based on the information you provided, no.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/19/2013
Click to View More Answers: