Is there anything that can be done to waive this ban? 2 Answers as of April 23, 2015

I petitioned for my mother to get a nonimmigrant visa. She had been unlawfully present in this country for more than 10 years. Unfortunately, we were poorly advised and did not file a waiver of inadmissibility prior to her consulate appointment in Colombia. She now is there and has a 10 year ban.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It is going to be pretty difficult to get her a nonimmigrant visa to the US. Is there are waivers available for those who have overstayed their visa in the US. At this stage, I do not think your mother's going to be able to come to the United States even if she had a waiver put in because of the fact that if they gave her a nonimmigrant visa, they know that, you assuming that you are a US citizen, will be able to immigrated her or petition her once in the US. So, it is more likely than not that your mother is going to have to wait out the majority of her ten year bar in Colombia.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/23/2015
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
she can file an application for a waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: