Is there anything I can do to stop the non custodial parent who is interfering with my relationship with my child? 4 Answers as of June 17, 2013

I am the custodial parent. When the non custodial parent has the child, I'm not allowed to talk to my child on the phone because parent will not answer the phone. Father’s day fell on a Sunday which is their normal visit. I was supposed to get child at 12:00 noon because it’s a holiday. I told non custodial parent and I was told that I can’t until the normal pick up time. Also my child is crying when I pick up and child told me non custodial told her I did not love her etc. and that she can tell the judge she wants to live with non custodial parent. My child is 8 years old. I am concerned about her boyfriend being around my child as well he is driving child around. I found out he has a revoked licenses, drug charges, hit and run as well. I do not want this person around.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
If there is a danger to your child because of the boyfriend, you can file a motion with the Family Court limiting your daughter's exposure to the boyfriend during the visitation. As for the other issues, there is not that much that the Family Court will do except to admonish the non-custodial parent. It would be rare for a Family Court to Judge to withhold visitation because of the interference you state. I would also recommend an attorney if you decide to go the Family Court.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/17/2013
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Time to go to Court to have restrictions placed on visitation.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/17/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You can file a motion for her to be held in contempt for violating the custody order. You can also file a motion to modify the order based on the danger to the child posed by the boyfriend.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 6/17/2013
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
You should file a motion for contempt for the holiday and to modify placement to include phone calls and to address the rest of your concerns.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/17/2013
Click to View More Answers: