Is there anything I can do to speed up the restitution process? Posted on May 03, 2011

Last winter, my car was stolen and vandalized. The thief pled guilty of the crime. He was ordered to pay restitution for the damages that were done to my car. However, he has not. I have called the victim services and have been told that there is nothing that can be done until the police send out a warrant, which they have not. (Actually, I have been told various things by victim witness and cannot seem to get a straight or consistent answer). Most frustratingly, there is information on his Facebook that indicates where he lives and yet I have been told the police won't accept that information until they have a warrant. I also have some concern that he may leave the country (he is not a US citizen) before I am paid. Is there anything I can do to speed this process along? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: