Is there anything I can do to lessen paying child support if we have joint custody? 1 Answers as of August 24, 2016

We have our child the same amount of days. He pays makes $40,000 more than I do. He has primary residence of our son but we have him an equal amount of days/nights. I find it difficult to live and support myself and my son because child support is making it difficult.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
You need to modify the prior order, but if everything is still the same as when the prior order entered, i.e. incomes, time spent with each parent, etc, than you could have a problem. No Substantial Change in Circumstances!
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 8/24/2016
Click to View More Answers: